Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blog Categories Revisited

I finally discovered how to overcome that limitation in New Blogger under which only the 20 most recent posts in a category are displayed. And all without having to abandon my old and highly customized blog template. Turns out all it takes is appending ?max-results=n to the category-search URL, where n is the maximum number of posts you want to allow on a page.

I set n to 40, which is more posts than I've got in any category at present, and now if you scroll down my left sidebar to surface tension, you will find links which will display every item in the category going all the way back. (Click on the "Labels" link underneath an individual blog post, though, and you'll still see only the 20 most recent posts in that category.)

3 Comments:

Blogger The Tetrast said...

Very cool. I just tried "pictorial" and saw, among other things, your post on Uma Thurman and her large hands. She is stunningly beautiful. I never noticed about her hands, till you pointed it out. I wonder though, maybe it's that her hands are normal and the rest of her is small? I wonder how tall she is. I always thought, because of photos, that Carly Simon had that titillatingly wide, full-lipped smile, until one day I saw her on the street. She is small and has a small face with a normal-size mouth!

Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:47:00 AM  
Blogger Paul Burgess said...

I think Uma's something like six feet tall. So I guess it is tall height and large hands. It just sort of jumped out at me when I first got Kill Bill, Volume 1 on DVD, and watched it about three times in two days.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger The Tetrast said...

I just looked her up. 180cm, 58kg, which are -- just under 6 ft and 128 pounds.

Whew.

And I guess those are pretty large hands!

Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home