Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Well, I Suppose It Was Worth a Last-Ditch Try

From the Charlotte Observer:
A South Carolina Gamecocks fan fatally shot a friend over a $20 bet on a weekend football game, authorities said.

James Walter Quick watched the South Carolina-Clemson game Saturday at his friend's house in Lexington, S.C., about 100 miles south of Charlotte. The Gamecocks came from behind and won, 31-28.

Quick celebrated.

But his friend, Clemson fan Richard Allen Johnson, said the Tigers shouldn't have lost and refused to pay, authorities said. So Quick left the house and retrieved a high-powered rifle from his Chevrolet Corsica.

"He went back in and told Richard, 'I want my money or I'm going to shoot you,'" said Lexington County Sheriff James Metts, adding that both had been drinking beer.

Metts said Johnson's wife and several friends told police that Johnson then said: "You can't shoot me, I'm invisible."

And Quick replied, "No you're not."

Johnson, 43, was shot once in the chest, and deputies charged Quick, 42, with murder and possessing a firearm during the commission of a violent crime.
Say what??!!! "You can't shoot me, I'm invisible..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. "Drinking beer" will do that to ya'.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 9:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home