Monday, September 25, 2006

Yes, We Have No Bananas

True fact: I do not eat bananas. I will not eat bananas. Nohow. No way. Bananas are one food I simply will not eat.

I have not eaten a banana in over 40 years.

This dates back to age eight, when I ate a banana, and shortly thereafter I got sick to my stomach and threw up. Actually I suspect I would've thrown up with or without the banana. I mean, you know, whatever the bug was. But the upshot of it is that I've never eaten bananas since.

I will not eat a banana. If something with banana slices in it is put in front of me, I will pick the banana slices out. Avoid eating it altogether if I can.

And pineapple and coconut aren't far behind. I mean, I will eat pineapple and coconut if I must. But I'd rather not.

But bananas? No. Just no.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I've noticed an inordinate amount of the blogs I read are anti-banana. I wonder if there's a pattern?

Monday, September 25, 2006 8:13:00 AM  
Blogger Paul Burgess said...

LOL! The Anti-Banana Coalition!!!

And I see McGehee is serious about Blogs Against Mayonnaise... :-)

Another one of my food quirks: I much prefer mustard to ketchup... for hot dogs, for hamburgers, and even for french fries...

Monday, September 25, 2006 11:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having recently posted a recipe containing banans, I reckon I should now follow that up with a mayonnaisse recipe.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a child, I am told, I once ate an entire fruitcake in the space of a minute or two. I'm as incredulous about this as you undoubtedly are, as I have no memory of this. What I do remember, though, is throwing up a lot of fruitcake, and thereafter being repelled by it.

And also, a similar story about Pringles Potato crisps.

At a certain age, though, the revulsion to both of these items just... dissipated.

And while I like mayonnaise ok, I have personally made it from scratch and fully understand why someone might find it revolting. :-)

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home