Sunday, May 07, 2006

St. John's Chicken BBQ

Today is the annual St. John's Chicken BBQ. Yesterday some of the fellows helped clean out my garage, since my garage is where carryout meals can be picked up. Or you can eat down in the church basement next door, best barbecued chicken around. We'll be getting ready today, barbecuing chicken up at Lambert's shed I imagine, and then we'll be serving from 4:00 to 7:00 PM.

And don't forget to stop by at the old German schoolhouse next to the church, for the craft and bake sale!

By the way, pictures of the Chicken BBQ from a couple of years ago can be found on my personal website right here.

Update, 12:07 PM: It is in fact a beautiful, perfect sunny day. So they have set up the BBQ pits, and are barbecuing chicken, out in the open back behind my place.

Time for me to reprise my annual role as chicken taste-tester...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh. Nothing like a good plan. Especially when its a plan that will get your garage cleaned out yearly!

And I do SO love it when church events are organized. Recently I found out there's an unofficial "pool" for when I'll put my fingers around Joe-the-teacher-and-deacon and throttle the life from his chronically unorganized body. When I indignently told my husband, he burst out laughing and said "Where do I get a piece of THAT action!?!"

Not that I would be all into organization. Although some veterens have said they've seen wars conducted with less planning than some of "my" events.

Sunday, May 07, 2006 8:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aieeeeee! You just reminded me that today our class will be finalizing plans for next week's BIG kiddie-fishing trip to the national park. And I ALMOST stayed home with a sick kid while my husband went to church with the others! And JOE WOULD HAVE BEEN FREE! FREE I tell you!

Last time we ended up having a picnic in a swamp. At night. With no food.

And ya know that Southern Baptists are ALL about the food :)

Sunday, May 07, 2006 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger Richmond said...

I have just disclosed my kitchen abilities to the ladies at St. Luke's (episcopal). Looks like I will be busy through October! ;)

Glad you are haivng a nice day for the BBQ. :)

Sunday, May 07, 2006 4:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home