Thursday, May 04, 2006

Going Out Walking

So I went out yesterday, in the sunny room-temperature evening, and I went for a walk. Down the old gravel road a ways. And then walking back again. Not any great distance, probably not much more than half a mile in total. But that's half a mile more than I usually go walking in the evening.

Don't know if I'm going to make a habit of this, though I ought to. I could stand to lose weight (and since the beginning of the year I have been losing weight). I could stand to get in better shape. And maybe if I get in the habit now, I'll be more likely to stick with it once we hit the hot summer months. That was the problem last summer: I went walking a couple of times, not often; and once we got to 90° in the evening, I really didn't feel like it.

Going walking. We shall see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need a chart. With gold stars. And four children who will drag you out for a walk so they can get THEIR gold stars :)

Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Richmond said...

Heat always puts me off exercise. Bleh.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home