Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Ides of Taxes

The Ides of Taxes will soon be upon us. And, this being the time of the year that it is, there's just no way I'm going to find time to fill out my tax forms. Maybe if I'd done it back in February, yeah, something like that.

So once again it's time for me to file Form 4868, "Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return." Simple enough, though I've got to decipher the instructions for filling in my name and address— fill in name as it will appear on Form 1040, and/or with name of agent, in which case use agent's address instead of own address; and do not include names or addresses of any pets, actual pets, former pets, virtual pets, livestock claimed for tax deduction purposes as pets, and/or/but livestock exhibited or actually exhibited in 4H or other equivalent semi-tax-exempt public display as permitted to be claimed under requisite regulations, please also file form 7162-Z Claim for Time Extension Exemption of Nonprofit Publicly Exhibited Animals and/or Other Exempt Companion Animals...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home