Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Floating on the Ceiling

When I was a kid, I simply knew that if you cut yourself on glass, you would go floating up to the ceiling. I supposedly knew of several such incidents.

A thief had broken into a gas station nearby us, and cut himself on the plate glass window breaking in. When the owner arrived to open up the station in the morning, he found the thief floating on the ceiling.

A friend of my Dad's, a pastor in nearby Madison, had forgotten the keys to his church and had tried to break the glass by the door to get in. A parishioner arrived some time later, to find the pastor floating on the ceiling.

I have no idea where I ever got this notion, but I had a number of such peculiar misconceptions when I was a kid.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home