Friday, April 28, 2006

Cell Phone

What have I done? Oh, what have I done?!

I, a Selective Luddite™. I, who write with a fountain pen. I, who have a 1940-vintage celluloid-over-mahogany log-log slide rule on my desk and often use it in preference to a calculator.

I finally broke down. I finally dragged myself kicking and screaming into the 21st century. I finally went today and got myself a cell phone.

My only consolation is that (by intention) the thing doesn't work way out here in the remote countryside. I got it so I can be in touch (sob) when I'm up in "the city," like La Crosse, or out and around, or wherever. (sob, sob) For only $5 a month, I couldn't resist...

What have I done?! I've soiled my Crunchy Con credentials forever...

3 Comments:

Blogger The Tetrast said...

I can't believe you gave in. I, an inveterate New Yorker, still have no cell phone & no plans to get one.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 7:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crunchy Con... I like that!

Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

dude, now they can find you....

Oh well, if it doesn't work at the house, you're still ok...

Monday, May 01, 2006 1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home