Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Automatic Self-Writing Lord of the Rings Computer Geek Parody

You know, some parodies almost write themselves once the basic idea pops into your mind. So I was middling pleased with myself the other day when this little piece assembled itself in my head, almost without effort:
Three laptops for the Elven-hackers using WiFi,
  Seven servers for the Dwarf-admins in their halls of stone,
Nine PCs for Mortal Men doomed to bluescreen,
  One OS for Bill Gates on his dark throne
In the land of Redmond where the Shadows lie.
  One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
  One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Redmond where the Shadows lie.
I was middling pleased with myself, that is, until I Googled around and found that only about 15,000 sites had beaten me to the punch on this parody, or some facsimile thereof. :-(

In fact, I found about 60 search results in Google for Linus Torvalds and Tennessee Tuxedo!

What does it take to be original these days?! I can almost envision the Internet turning into the cyber equivalent of all those monkeys pecking away on typewriters and producing the works of Shakespeare...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul sez "I can almost envision the Internet turning into the cyber equivalent of all those monkeys pecking away on typewriters and producing the works of Shakespeare..."

Oh, that's already happened. It's called The Daily Kos!

Well, the thousand monkeys part, anyway.

heh heh heh...

-Casey

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home