Thursday, September 01, 2005

Beef Stew Recipe

I was visiting someone yesterday and they gave me some fresh vegetables from their garden. Picked up a few other ingredients at the supermarket, and decided this morning to fix my usual beef stew:
  • one half to two thirds of a small head of cabbage, chopped

  • two small yellow onions (or one large onion), peeled and chopped

  • one large tomato, stem removed, chopped

  • one potato, peeled and chopped

  • some carrots, chopped

  • one pound of beef for stew
Put everything in a crockpot. Pour in water until ingredients are covered. Add one spoonful of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Stew in crockpot all morning, will be ready for lunch. What's left over can be put in the freezer, though this stew is best when eaten fresh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lemon juice. *sigh* Yummy stew. Somebody taught you right.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You drove me to it. Its almost 100 degrees outside and I fixed beef-stew for dinner.

This recipe is indeed yummy, although I think its prettier if you add a handful of frozen corn and/or peas the last two minutes before serving. That way, the peas keep their nice green color.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 2:29:00 PM  
Blogger Paul Burgess said...

Lucy, I made some more beef stew again the other day. And another one of my recipes is here.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband was "experimenting" with his food last night. Seems he was in the mood for something "different".

He's not allowed to experiment with other people's food, so he sprinkled a good bit of ground/powdered ginger in his bowl of beef stew. It was shockingly good, and I'm not even fond of ginger!

I say "shockingly" because he often creates the MOST horrid things. Like waffles with chocolate sauce AND maple-syrup. Which is just wrong.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home