Monday, June 13, 2005

To Light Saber, or Not to Light Saber?

Recently I was mentioning this cool, better-even-than-Harry-Potter magic wand that I got. And I wrapped it up by saying, "Now, where can I get a good light saber?"

Caltechgirl and Grand Moff Trojan were mentioning where I might find a light saber. I looked around and found several outfits online. And now I'm fighting temptation.

I'm trying to convince myself that no, I'm not really going to buy a light saber from Park Sabers. And that no, I'm not really trying to decide between the Shadow and the Arc-Wave.

With a blue blade, mind you.

We've all heard the jokes about how dad ends up playing with the toys that were ostensibly bought for the kids. Well, being single and without offspring, I don't even have that excuse. I simply buy toys for myself. Once I lose the battle with temptation. Once I overcome that little voice within me that says, "Paul, what in the world are you going to do with a light saber?!"

I don't really want to get a light saber, do I? (They look so cool.) A Shadow or an Arc-Wave? (I could go out in my back yard and fight battles.) With a blue blade. (Definitely blue...)

Resist... must resist the temptation...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. E said...

Paul,
You MUST resist. These people are counting on you not to... We've done it, you can too. If you have the extra money just burning up your pockets, go to the zoo or spend it on the youth in your church, then you will be donating the funds to worthy causes. I think that we donated the money that we would have spent on a lightsaber to my undergraduate loan company, and that was worth every penny.

Monday, June 13, 2005 9:02:00 AM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

donated. Yeah right. Cute.

Can I play with it after you get it?

Monday, June 13, 2005 4:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home